Thursday, February 03, 2011
Versatile Bloggers Award!
I just found out I've been given The Versatile Blogger Award by the wonderful author/blogger Anne R. Allen!
Apparently the rules are I tell you 7 things about myself, so here goes:
1) I love to read . . . and really I'd get a lot more writing done if that weren't the case. I read about 3 books a week. Check me out on goodreads if you want to see what I'm reading.
2) I'm a library tech in charge of an elementary school library and I love it! It's my dream job (see number 1).
3) I also review books for the Amazon Vine Program, VegFamily Magazine, and occasional other venues--another dream job (again see number 1).
4) I've written a middle-grade novel featuring homeschooled characters and am currently searching for an agent to represent it (in case you know anyone . . .)
5) I've recently started writing a new cookbook of vegan family recipes which I am very excited about. It will be similar to The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook -- simply, family-friendly, whole foods recipes.
6) I love to cook but sometimes I wish I didn't have to. Luckily, my daughters are become quite good cooks!
7) My special relaxation when someone else volunteers to cook: A cup of green tea with a splash of coconut creamer and a square of Green and Black dark chocolate. Oh, and a book of course!
And now . . . my pick for the Versatile Blogger: Alisa Fleming of Alisa Cooks!