Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nava Atlas's Red Wine Roasted Brussels Sprouts


As we count down the days until Christmas, I'm planning my holiday dinner--so I naturally turned to Nava Atlas's new cookbook: Vegan Holiday Kitchen--especially since her recipes were such a hit on Thanksgiving.

I had found some beautiful little brussels sprouts at one of my favorite local growers: Rutiz Farms last weekend so I thought I'd preview Nava's Red Wine-Roasted Brussels Sprouts. To make it more of a meal, I added some cauliflower and tofu and served it with baked butternut squash and applesauce. All I can say is WOW! The outsides of the sprouts were crispy and sweet, the insides just melted in our mouths. They were so good . . . and it wasn't just me, the kids loved them too. These will definitely be on our Christmas dinner menu!

2 comments:

Mary Weber said...

I adore brussels sprouts! (They're really sort of an addiction.) :0) And, of course, this dish looks incredible, which means I'll be trying it out right away! Thanks for sharing it!

-m

Unknown said...

And I thought I was the only brussels sprouts addict!